The Presentation Sisters staffed and had responsibility for the administration of the school from its inception until 1988.
In 1920, as a consequence of growing enrolments, the school moved to its current site in Fernhill Road. During the late 1940s and early 1950s, further additions were made. In 1968, further extensions were carried out and at the same time, Grades 7 and 8 ceased to be part of the primary school.
Extensions and refurbishment were carried out in the early 1980s. Through the next decade, the school continued growing until projected enrolments suggested a significant increase in Preparatory enrolments. The school was proactive in formulating and initiating a building program which began in late 1999 and Stage One was completed in March 2000. The upstairs area (formerly Library and Art Room) now houses our Prep students.
Major building works (Stage 2) were undertaken in 2004. This saw total refurbishment of all classrooms, with extensions to house technology labs throughout the middle and junior schools. The Administration areas of the school were also extended and refurbished. 2009 saw the completion of Stages 3 & 4 of the Building Program, which comprised an Art Studio, New Toilet Block, Library and an additional 3 classrooms. Through the BER funding in 2009 the school built a much needed Multipurpose Building on the existing oval. Once the building was completed, the oval was resurfaced to incorporate a running track and football oval.
Changes in school structure, staffing, curriculum and how we work together for our children, reflect our informed attempts to meet the needs of a rapidly changing world. As a Catholic community, the parents and staff of Sacred Heart continue to meet the challenges these changes bring by continuing to proclaim the Gospel values and teachings of Jesus Christ that integrate faith and life and therefore provide a more relevant, holistic education for our children.