Parish Priests: Fr David Cartwright and Fr Dean Mathieson Assistant Priest: Fr James Baptist
Our Parish has merged with 5 other local parishes and is now part of the Bayside Catholic Mission. More information can be found here: https://www.baysidecatholicmission.org/
Our Parish is part of the Archdiocese of Melbourne, located in Sandringham, a Bayside suburb of Melbourne.We warmly welcome newcomers and visitors to our Parish.We are twinned with the Parish of Remexio in East Timor and we provide regular financial support to the people of that district.Sacred Heart Church building was blessed by Archbishop Carr on 18 March 1906. Sacred Heart was a part of St James Parish Elsternwick and the Parish Priest at the time was Rev. Michael C. Gough. In 1914 Sacred Heart became a Parish in its own right and the first Parish Priest was Fr. William B. Mangan. The present church was opened and blessed by Bishop John A Kelly on 15 August 1974 when Rev. J. A. Scarborough was Parish Priest.The first permanent school was built in 1912 and it was about this time that the Presentation Sisters first came into the parish. The new school, built in 1970, now has around 250 students and is located alongside the Church at 11 Fernhill Road North, Sandringham.